I'm Jon Olick. I make shiny things. I simplify.


I presented Sparse Voxel Octrees at Siggraph 2008.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Apple bans the use of Scripting languages in iTouch, iPhone and iPad apps.

"Applications may only use Documented APIs in the manner prescribed by Apple and must not use or call any private APIs. Applications must be originally written in Objective-C, C, C++, or JavaScript as executed by the iPhone OS WebKit engine, and only code written in C, C++, and Objective-C may compile and directly link against the Documented APIs (e.g., Applications that link to Documented APIs through an intermediary translation or compatibility layer or tool are prohibited)."

While the intended target for this was Adobe, I think this also means that they may have unintentionally banned scripting languages.

lol... I mean seriously now. Banning scripting languages?

Does this mean that Unity is in violation? That cuts out a very large market I would think considering how great and prolific Unity is.

What does Apple have against Adobe anyway? Did they egg Steve Job's house or something? This is a little ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment